Alterations on a wedding gown not only makes a bride more comfortable in the gown it adds to the elegance of the dress.
Some tips to the alterations:
1. Think about the timing and create a schedule. Allow two months for the alterations.
2. Consider your budget for alterations.
3. Consider your wedding weight, never order a too-small dress as motivation. It is easier to take a larger dress in that to let a smaller one out.
4. Consider a hemline that grazes the ground, to make sure you can walk, dance, and mingle with guests.
5. Wear your wedding day shoes to your alterations so the correct hemline can be determined.
6. Bring the undergarments you plan on wearing to your fitting. There will be a difference in your fitting if you plan on wearing Spanx, shapewear, or a strapless bra. You might also consider bringing the jewelry you will be wearing as that could influence the neckline of the dress.